- Resort Range
- Highest lift
- 3250m (Hintertux glacier)
- Kms piste
- 639kms (Zillertal) and 145kms (Hochzillertal)
- Lift pass photo required?
- No, hands free, 5€ deposit
- Fugen, Kaltenbach, Zell-am-Ziller, Mayrhofen
- Schwaz and Mayrhofen
- Hours from Calais
- 16 hours
The Ziller Valley is one of the most popular areas for an all-round winter experience. Recent investments by the lift companies ensure that the 639km of pistes are served by some of the most moderns systems and very efficient links. Along the valley are villages that offer traditional Austrian hospitality and different characters. Our accommodation is located in Strass, Hippach and Zell-am-Ziller.
Our accommodation is based in the valley within easy reach of either Kaltenbach or Zell-am-Ziller.
The skiing in these areas is ideal for school groups. There are beginner slopes throughout the area so there is plenty of choice from your hotel base. Gondolas and chairlifts take your group into the bowls where there is a fantastic variety of blue runs that are big on confidence and ensure progression . For intermediates the choice is endless throughout the region and more advanced skiers will enjoy challenging slopes at higher altitudes. There is also good variety for groups who want to snowboard. The whole area is included on the lift pass.
Swimming: Fugen. Leisure pool with slides and plumes etc. Child 7-10€, Adult 9-11€. Pre-payment required.
Bowling: Zell-am-Ziller. Approx 6€ pp.
Ice skating: Local rink - seasonal and subject to weather conditions. 6-10€ pp
Curling: Local rink - seasonal and subject to weather conditions. Approx 7€ pp
Quiz: In-house and free
Disco: Out of house - 7€ pp
Night skiing: Available on certain nights. If supervision is required, must be paid for at hourly evening rate for all instructors.
Pizza night: Local. Set menu from 11€pp - no free places
Tyrolean evening: Evening of authentic folk music, traditional dances, "shoe slapping" and yodeling. Subject to availability. Approx.17€pp
Schwaz silver mine - guided tour POA, subject to availability
Alpine cheese dairy: Fugen. Free including cheese tasting. Last admission 5pm. Guided tour and museum including film lasts approx 40 mins.
We recommend that skiing is based in Kaltenbach, 10 minutes away by coach. This start point offers access to the largest interconnected part of the ski area with a variety of pistes for all abilities.
- The Hotel Muhlbacher is located in Zell am Ziller, easliy accessible to the local slopes and the village amenities.
- Toni and his family have been used to welcoming groups for many years and a warm welcome is guaranteed.
- With a capacity of 50-55 beds, this is an ideal hotel for sole occupancy.
- The Muhlbacher offers comfortable accommodation in rooms for 2-4, all with private facilities.
- Meals are on a full board basis with either a hot lunch on the mountain or a packed lunch.
- There is a small wellness centre for adults and several apres ski activities are close by in the village, whilst the aquacentre in Fugen is a short distance away.
Gasthof Cafe Zillertal
The distance to the slopes at Kaltenbach is 20 minutes by coach each way or groups can sample the local transport and begin and end each day by train!
- The family run Hotel Cafe Zillertal is located in the village of Strass at the entrance to the Ziller Valley and offers a high standard of accommodation for our groups.
- Throughout the hotel there is a feeling of space and calm.
- The reception and public rooms large while the rooms for 2-4 persons, all with private facilities, are the same.
- Meals are full board with a packed lunch.
- The hotel offers a variety of facilities which include a wellness centre for adults, a curling rink and in-house disco-bar for guests only.
The Pachmairhof offers a high standard of accommodation in a fabulous ski area for schools.
- The Pachmairhof is located in Uderns, easliy accessible to the local slopes and the village amenities.
- The Mair family have been used to hosting groups for many years; a warm welcome is guaranteed.
- Capacity of 160 beds, the Pachmairhof offers comfortable accommodation in rooms for 2-4, all with private facilities.
- Meals are on a full board basis with a packed lunch.
- There is a small wellness centre for adults and several apres ski activities are close by in the village and along the valley.
Hotel Schwarzer Adler
An ideal group hotel in a safe, quiet location
- Family run hotel in Hippach, 15 minute drive from base station
- Capacity 80 persons in rooms for 2-4 persons with private facilities
- Meals are full board with a packed lunch.
- Ample space for meetings and activities - small games room and fitness centre.