The stunning beauty for the region’s interior, with its thatched cottages, traditional farming and ever-changing landscapes, is matched by a long coastline which stretches from the sandy beaches of the Seine Maritime in the east to the wild Cotentin seaboard and the World Heritage site of Mont Saint Michel and its bay, with its huge tidal range and strong currents.
Annexed by the Roman legions and Viking adventurers, disputed for centuries by English and French Kings, beach-head for D-Day armies, Normandy is a crossroads where culture and ideas, artefacts and produce have met and mingled; making it ideal for a school group visit.
Day 1: Arrive in time for dinner. It may be possible to incorporate a visit en-route according to itinerary
Day 2: Morning visit. Lunch. Afternoon visit/activity. Eve Bowling
Day 3: Day visit in the local area. Eve: In-house.
Day 4: Local morning visit/activity. Lunch. Afternoon departure for the UK
While popular, this itinerary is indicative and entirely flexible; any programme will reflect the group leader's preference and can be of any duration and emphasis.
Possible day visits: D-Day Landings, Rouen, Falaise, Caen, Mont St Michel
Possible half day visits: Bayeaux, Fougeres medieval fort, Arromanches and more
Possible activities: Bowling, local market, bach, aqua park, museum and local chateau guided tour, fromagerie, snail farm etc
A fantastic base for your students.
- The centre is set in the beautiful Calvados countryside, one kilometre from the sea and nine from Bayeux.
- It is a recently converted residential centre that provides an ideal setting for students and staff to learn in a relaxed and enjoyable environment.
- The centre includes two learning areas – fitted with computers and an interactive whiteboard – which open onto a courtyard and the centre has extensive enclosed grounds with facilities for sports.
- The student accommodation consists of twelve en-suite rooms, each sleeping four with catering for up to 48 students in total.
- There are rooms for physically disabled pupils and en-suite twin rooms for accompanying staff, plus a staff lounge with TV.
Quiet location next to the beach.
- The centre is located near Merville-Fanceville and has a lounge, classrooms, restaurant and a lift to all floors.
- Rooms for students are for 2-4 persons with staff in twin-bedded rooms or singles (supplement applies).
- All the rooms are en-suite. Capacity 230 persons.
- Facilities at the centre include table tennis, pool and karaoke with outdoor activities such as mini-golf, tennis and sailing on site.