The life of a "professional musician" is a hectic one and our itineraries aim to pack in as much as possible. Venues are varied and can include churches and cathedrals, piazzas, hotel beaches or idyllic castles; all of which are chosen to create as varied a programme as possible.
In addition there is the possibility to visit the beautiful cities of Venice and Verona, share experiences with new friends, teachers and locals, taste new food which, as a combination, we think is ia winning formula.
Day 1: Arrive in Lido di Jesolo, your base for the tour. Settle in, dinner.
Day 2: A full day in Venice. Take a vaporetto (water taxi) from Punta Sabbione to St Mark's Square with a guided tour of The Doge's Palace, St Mark's Basilica and an optional water taxi on the Grand Canal. Return to the hotel for evening meal and change into concert dress, depart for the concert venue. Setup and warm up - concert in Piazza Aurora. Return to the hotel.
Day 3: Depart for day to Verona and Padua. Visit the Roman arena in Verona and Juliet's balcony, while in Padua enjoy the Scrovegni Chapel frescoes, with some free time in the city. Return to the hotel for evening meal and change and depart for the concert venue. Concert in Camping Garden Paradiso. Return to the hotel.
Day 4: From Punta Sabbione take a private boat to the islands of Merano for glassmaking and Burano for lace. Return to the hotel for dinner. A concert can be arranged for this evening if preferred or the evening can be free time.
Day 5: Departure after breakfast for the return to the UK. There may be some free time beforehand according to the itinerary.
The itinerary is entirely flexible and can be any duration and number of concerts to suit individual preference. The venues will depend upon the season.
The Portafino a lovely hotel for any group and one we have no hesitation to recommend.
- The Hotel Portafino is a family run hotel, centrally located in Lido di Jesolo.
- It offers rooms for 2-4 persons with private facilities; the majority have a balcony and has capacity for 120 guests.
- Public areas are spacious with a large verandah meeting room, a TV lounge and bar. Outside there is a swimming pool available to guests depending upon the time of year, surrounded by a large terrace with table football and table tennis. Please note that the pool is not lifeguarded.
- Meals are on a FB basis with packed lunch and HB basis for days when lunch is taken at the Agriturismo farm and wine cantina.
- Its central location and proximity to the resort centre together with its excellent food and quality of accommodation makes the Portafino an excellent choice for your stay.