- Resort Range
- Highest Lift
- Kms Piste
- 400km Milky Way
- Lift pass photo?
- No, Handsfree - 5€ deposit
- In resorts
- Mezzolombardo (20kms)
- Hours from Calais
The Milky Way is an extensive ski area for all abilities that straddles the Italian-French border. It is just 12 hours from Calais and offers a premium ski area that is easily accessible from the UK. The region boasts 400kms of pistes that includes the villages of Sestriere, Sauze D'oulx, Cesana and Sansicario. Each village offers it own character with shops, cafes and apres ski activities together with individual nursery areas within the lift-linked system which ensures that all abilities are catered for.
Beginners will master the basics on their respective village nursery slopes before progressing to the area at large, while intermediates and advanced skiers will have the region at their feet!
Our accommodation is in Cesana, Sansicario and Sestriere
Ice Skating: Sansicario according to season, Claviere and Sestriere - Approx 8€pp
Disco: Local 5€pp including a soft drink
Pizza night: Locally - From 12€ pp - no free places, to be booked in advance.
Swimming: Sestriere, 7€pp
Quiz: In-house, free
Bingo: In-house, free
Bum-boarding: Local slope, free
The Hotel is located in the traditional village of Cesana with a central position in the Milky Way ski area, making it an ideal choice for school groups of all abilities and is a popular destination.
- The Hotel Solaris offers comfortable accommodation in the Milky Way village of Cesana and is just 150m from the lift station connecting to either Claviere or Sansicario.
- It is family run; owner Gianfranco has been working with school groups for many years and extends a warm welcome to all his guests.
- The hotel offers 160 beds in rooms for 2-4 persons with private facilities, most rooms have balconies.
- There are spacious public areas that include a lounge/bar, TV room and entertainments room.
- Meals are on a full board basis with either a packed lunch or hot midday meal at the hotel
Hotel Rio Envers
This is an ideal location for groups looking for doorstep skiing for all abilities in a small friendly village with a height of 1700m; Sansicario has a very good snow record which is an added bonus for any group.
- The Hotel Rio Envers occupies an enviable position in the small village Sansicario, with truly doorstep skiing.
- The hotel is located piste side with the nearest lift just 50m away and the ski school meeting place a further 100m, next to a dedicated beginner area.
- The hotel offers accommodation for 140 guests in rooms for 2-4 persons with private facilities.
- In addition to the Lounge/TV room and restaurant there is a bar with sun terrace, a games room and Wi-Fi throughout the hotel.
- Meals are full board with a hot lunch at the hotel. A packed lunch can be provided if preferred.
A lovely location in a quiet village.
- The hotel is located in the village of Sestriere Borgata, 4kms from the main village.
- The hotel accommodates 65 persons and so is ideal for sole occupancy by a group.
- From the accommodation it is 300m to the lifts or a short ride to Sestriere itself.
- The hotel offers rooms for 2-6 persons for students and twin rooms for accompanying adults; all rooms have private facilities.
- Meals are full board with a packed lunch; a hot lunch at the hotel is possible if requested arranged in advance.
- Facilities include a TV Lounge, meeting room, games room and a sauna for the adults at a supplement.
This hotel is ideal for groups looking for sole occupancy close to the slopes.