The stunning Sorrento peninsula forms has been designated a World Heritage site and together with the bay of Naples forms the backdrop to this exciting destination. Dominated by Mount Vesuvius, the ruins of Herculaneum and Pompeii have been preserved as a snapshot in time.
Sorrento is a bustling town and a fine base from which to explore the region, the Amalfi Coast and the Isle of Capri all contribute to make this a memorable tour for your group.
This tour has been designed for a less formal delivery to take advantage of the fascinating historical site of the area. The region has a wonderful Mediterranean climate and so whilst there may be rain in early spring or late autumn, a visit is ideal at any time.
Day 1: Flight to Naples. According to time visit the National Archaeological Museum in Naples. Transfer to hotel, settle in and dinner.
Day 2: The Amalfi coast. Visits to Positano and Amalfi. Return via visit to a local farm to see how mozzarella and olive oil are traditionally made. Eve - Quiz
Day 3: Guided visit to Pompeii. Continue to Vesuvius and walk to the crater rim. Return via a visit to a pasta factory. Eve - Pizza night in a local trattoria.
Day 4: Guided visit to Herculaneum. Continue to Pozzuoli before transferring to airport for the flight to the UK.
Whilst popular, this itinerary is entirely flexible; it can be of any duration and the content reflect the emphasis of the group leader. For example add an extra day to include a visit to Paestum or the Isle of Capri or extend your visit to include Rome as a twin centre trip.
A fantastic hotel for school groups.
- This hotel offers elegant accommodation that is a 10 minute walk from the town centre.
- Student rooms are for 2-4 persons with accompanying adults being provided with twin/single rooms.
- All have private facilities.
- Meals are taken in the restaurant with panoramic views across the Bay of Naples to Vesuvius.
- The public areas are very spacious with a sweeping staircase, Hollywood style, a bar and a meeting room that can be used for in-house activities or studies.
A family run hotel that offers comfortable accommodation for our groups.
- You can be sure of a warm welcome from Gaetano and his team.
- The hotel has undergone extensive refurbishment over recent years and offers comfortable accommodation in this popular town.
- There is a TV lounge/reception area, meeting room and light restaurant where groups can relax.
- Rooms are for 2-4 persons and include bunk beds; all have private facilities.
- In addition there is a pleasant terrace with swimming pool - May to September - although it is not life-guarded.
- The Gardenia is located a short 10 minute walk from Piazza Tasso at the centre of the town.
The hotel is in a quiet position, a short 15 mimute walk from Piazza Tasso.
- The hotel is located in a quiet position of the town about 15 minutes from the town centre and you can be assured for a fine welcome from the staff.
- The accommodation provides rooms for 2-4 persons - all rooms have private facilities.
- Meals are full board with a packed lunch – the food is varied and plentiful.
- Facilities include a bar with TV, a lounge and garden area with a swimming pool (not life-guarded).