- Resort height
- 1200 - 2850m
- Kms piste
- Lift pass photo?
- No, hands free, 5€ deposit
- In villages
- Hours from Calais
- 15 hours
Serre Chevalier is located along a valley between the Col du Lauteret and Briançon. There are thirteen villages along the valley with four villages providing access to the ski area. It’s easy to ski between the resorts and the efficient bus service means it doesn’t matter if you end up in the wrong resort at the end of the day. The villages vary from the traditional to the ultra modern.
The skiing is area of Serre Chevalier between 1200 and 2800m is one of the largest ski areas in France; with 250kms of piste therre is something for everyone from beginners to experts.
There are excellent beginner’s areas at Villeneuve and Monetier villages with the latter having recently installed three new lifts at the base area. From here there are confidence giving blues on the upper slopes. Intermediates have plenty of choice and can ski amid some of the best ski scenery in France, including the long reds from Prorep, Aiguillet and Eduits. Advanced skiers will not miss out with some challenging runs and the mogul fields to Le Bez, not to mention the superb Olympic Luc Alphond black run. Serre Ché is excellent for snowboarders.
Ice skating: Villeneuve. No free places, pre-booking required. Subject to weather conditions and season. 7.50€pp
Ice skating: Chantmerle. No free places, pre-booking required. Subject to weather conditions and season. 4.50€pp
Ice skating: Briancon - indoor rink. No free places, pre-booking required. 6.50€
Ice Hockey matches: Briancon, subject to fixture list. 6.50€pp
Pizza night: Local 11-14€pp according to restaurant No free places, pre-booking required.
Monetier thermal baths: under 14 years 8€pp, over 14 years 18€pp
Swimming: Briancon: leisure pool. No bermudas for men/boys. 1 teacher per 8 students to be in the water. 4.70€pp
Crepe night: Villeneuve. No free places, pre-booking required. 7€pp
Trip to Historic Briancon: Cost of coach if required - approx 250€
Quiz: In-house - free
Bingo: In-house - free
Under new management the Auberge Violaine offers comfortable accommodation for groups.
- The hotel is located in the village of Monetier-les-Bains, the highest of the villages that access the ski area at 1500m.
- It has a capacity of 95 beds and so is ideal for a large group looking for sole occupancy, or for two groups, and is a 10 minute walk from the base station, or 5 minutes by bus.
- Rooms are for 2-4 persons and all have private facilities. They have been totally refurbished.
- Meals are full board with a packed lunch.
- Facilities include a bar with adjacent TV area and a pool table. There is a “snug” for teachers.
- The hotel is a five minute walk to the village where there is a selection of shops, bars and restaurants and there is the lovely new spa baths to relax in at the end of a day.