- Resort height
- Highest lift
- Kms piste
- Lift pass photo?
- No - 5€ deposit
- In resort
- Sondrio, 18kms
- Hours from Calais
Prato Nevoso lies at the heart of the Ski Mondole region that combines it with Artesina and Fabrio Soprana giving 106kms of skiing for all abilities. Purpose built but without the high rise, the village enjoys a location perched on the mountainside at 1468m with skiing reachin 2150m. The village has a traffic free centre and no point is far from the central piazza where the cafes, shops and restaurants are to be found.
There is plenty of skiing both above and below the tree line; the scope would not disgrace a bigger resort. Piste maintenance is excellent and the link between the resorts of Prato Nevoso and Artesina has revolutionised the ski area. In Prato Nevoso the skiing is ideal for beginners and early intermediates while on the Artesina side the skiing is more challenging for the more able group members.
New lifts are being continuously installed to replace surface tows and improve the overall lift system.
In Prato Nevoso there is minimal walking with easy runs just a few metres from the hotel with longer blues higher up to enable rapid progression. For intermediates there are plenty of long wide runs that invite ambitious skiers to work hard. For strong intermediates there are some tremendous reds on the Atresina side together with challenging runs and mogul fields for the advanced members of a group.
After a day on the slopes there are the hotel faciiities to take advantage of together with night skiing, disco, karaoke or pizza night and ice skating on the village's natural rink.
Swimming: Hotel Galassia - free
Ice Skating: Prato Nevoso, subject to weather conditions and season. Approx. 6.50€pp
Bowling: Borge san Dalmazzo. 7€pp
Bum Boarding: Prato Nevoso, subject to conditions. Free
Pizza Night: Local resaurant in Prato Nevoso. Menu from 13€. No free places; all participants to pay.
Quiz Night/Bingo/DVD night: In-house - free
Prato Nevoso is a popular resort and we are convinced it will prove to be an excellent school ski destination with doorstep skiing.
- The Hotel Galassia is located at the top of the village 20 minutes walk form the centre but with direct access to the nursery slopes.
- It has a capacity of 250 persons in 72 rooms for 2-5 persons, all with private facilities.
- Despite being large, the hotel is able to designate corridors, wings or annexes according to group size, together with a dining/meeting room so that individual identity is retained.
- The public areas are spacious and comfortable providing excellent facilities to relax in after a day on the slopes.
- There is a large 24h reception area, lounge, games room, billiards and table tennis, TV/video lounge, bar, 2 evening entertainments rooms, disco and indoor swimming pool at the disposal of hotel guests.