- Resort height
- Highest lift
- Kms piste
- Lift pass photo?
- Yes hands free, 5€ deposit
- In Village
- Edolo, 35kms or Cles, 30kms
- Hours from Calais
- 17 hours
One of Italy’s highest resorts, Passo Tonale is located on the pass linking the regions of Trentino and Lombardy. With a compact lift system, guaranteed snow, runs mainly above the tree line and long hours of sunshine Passo Tonale fulfils the expectations of most skiers and offers excellent value for money. The village is quite cohesive with hotels, numerous bars and shops.
The ski area has been extended with the development of new pistes and lifts around Pontedilegno and Temu. The two-stage gondola linking the ski areas together has created an 11km descent from Presena to Pontedilegno.
Skiing is possible on both sides of the valley on mainly north facing slopes and south facing slopes above the tree line. Skiing for the groups will commence on the village slopes which are easily accessible. The pistes are wide, inviting and allow for excellent progression for all abilities. The ski school is one of the best we have worked with. Instructors with good English engage their groups in a fun learning atmosphere where the students progress quickly during their stay.
Disco: Passo Tonale, Hotel Miramonti, student disco 2030-2230 (open to public thereafter) - 5€pp
Quiz/Bingo: In-house - Free
Swimming: Ponte di Legno, not a leisure pool, cannot book in advance, swimming hats must be worn - 5€
Karaoke: Passo Tonale, Hotel Miramonti - 5€pp
Pizza Night: Passo Tonale at various locations, no free places for this activity, 12-14€pp
Night skiing/Bum boarding: Free but no instructor/tuition, nursery area tues/thurs tbc
Ice skating: Passo Tonale at Hotel Savoia, subject to weather, no free places with this activity - 7€pp
Bowling: Dimaro, Manitu - 6€pp
This is a popular, welcoming hotel that provides excellent group accommodation
- The Hotel Negritella is family run and enjoys a central village location.
- Just 150-200m from the slopes and ski school meeting point.
- The Negritella can comfortably welcome 80 guests to stay in its spacious surroundings.
- Rooms are for 2-4 persons and are spacious with private facilities.
- Meals are full board with a hot lunch at the hotel.
- There is a meeting room for the students with a large-screen TV/DVD, electronic darts and a wellness centre for the adults. In addition there is a bar which acts as the focal point in the evening and after each days skiing.
Please note: room cards are used and not keys. A deposit of 20€ per room will be charged for the electronic key and ski locker that will be refunded at the end of the stay if the key has not been lost.
- The Hotel Piandineve offers excellent accommodation for groups.
- Located at the foot of the slopes some 400m from the village centre or a 5 minute walk.
- 150m from the lifts and ski school meeting place, it is large and comfortable with an interior of wood and stone and has a vibrant atmosphere.
- The hotel capacity is 400 persons in 150 rooms spread over six floors; groups will be roomed together and by landing.
- Meals are on a full board basis with a hot lunch at the hotel
- As would be expected of a 4* hotel the facilities on offer to its guests are wide ranging: a large restaurant, bar, piano bar, TV room, meeting rooms, disco room, arcade with video games, a small shop and spacious reception where it is possible to exchange currency without commission.
Hotel Chalet Al Foss
This is an excellent hotel for groups looking for a location away from the distractions of a village but with the advantage of a snow-sure resort.
- Family run hotel located 5kms from Passo Tonale on the edge of Vermiglio.
- Capacity for groups up to 100.
- Dining/meeting room
- Meals are full board with hot lunch in resort st foot of the slopes.
- Student rooms for 2-6 with adults in twin/triple rooms. All have private facilities.
- Spacious public areas with table football.