- Resort range
- Highest lift
- Kms piste
- Lift photo required?
- No, Hands free, 5€ deposit
- In Village, private practice
- Tamsweg or Salzburg
- Hours from Calais
- 15 hours
Obertauern has developed an international reputation for being one of the finest skiing destinations in Europe and is certainly very popular with school groups. Situated at an altitude of 1740m, the village of Obertauern is uniquely positioned in a beautiful setting. Unlike some other Austrian resorts, the village is relatively quiet yet still offers plenty of restaurants,cafes and bars with varied apres ski.
The ski area offers an interesting assortment of ski runs for all abilities and the opportunity to ski around the mountain top village on the bowl that completely surrounds it.
Superb off-piste trails can be explored with instructors for those who are able while beginners can easily tackle a circuit appropriate to them by the end of the week. Snow conditions are second to none, and the resort boasts a long season. 120kms of manicured pistes await skiers of all abilities and will not disappoint.
Swimming: Local - Child 4€-8€ and adult 8€-15€
Ice Skating: Local and open air, so subject to weather conditions; not usually available at Easter. Approx. 8€
Tyrolean Evening: Evening with authentic folk music, traditional dances, "shoe slapping" and yodelling. Price on request.
Disco: In-house for Tauernhof guests only. Free
Night Skiing: If supervision is required, it must be paid for at hourly evening rate for all instructors. Only available on certain nights.
Pizza Night: In Obertauern - 14€ per person to include pizza, ice cream and soft drink
Ice Hockey Match: Zell-am-See. Subject to fixture list. (long journey to Zell - drivers need advanced notice so may need to walk to ski school next morning or start slightly later due to driver hours) Price on request.
Horse-drawn sleigh rides: In Obertauern. 17€pp - no free places, all participants must pay.
An excellent standard of group accommodation, 400m from the nearest lift.
- Der Tauernhof is a youth hotel that provides a high standard of accommodation and wide range of activities for its guests.
- Capacity of 230 persons.
- Rooms for 2-8 persons with private facilities
- Each group will be allocated a dining room that also acts as a meeting/activity room
- Meals are full board with a choice of hot lunch at the accommodation or a packed lunch in the middle of the day.
- Facilities include: disco, table tennis, table football, climbing wall, cinema