- Resort Height
- Highest Lift
- Kms Piste
- Lift pass photo?
- Yes, hands free 5€ deposit
- Hermagor, 4kms
- Villach, 10kms
- Hours from Calais
- 17 hours
Despite being Austria’s sunniest resort (about 15% more than the Tirol over a winter), Nassfeld also claims to be one of the snowiest. The resort has an exceptional snow record making it an ideal group destination at any time of the season. The villages are quite small but have a few shops and cafes and offer a safe environment for groups.
The main nursery slopes are at Tressdorferalm next to the second station of the Millenium Express at 1590m.
Eeveryone benefits from good snow and sunny conditions rather than at the valley floor. Progression continues with wide blue runs that radiate from the beginner area. Intermediates will be spoilt by the extensive red runs that offer good progression for them too. For advanced skiers there are some testing reds, blacks and the 7.6km long FIS run back to the base lift station.
Swimming: Child under 15, 4€pp and adult 7€pp. Pre-payment required
Bowling: Villach or Hermagor - 5€-7€pp
Night Skiing: on the lift pass and subject to conditions. If supervision is required it must be paid for at hourly evening rate for all instructors
Quiz: In-house and free
Disco: Sporthotel Leitner or Hermagor - free entry
Ice Hockey: Villach; February only and subject to season fixtures - 11€pp
Tobogganing: Sporthotel Leitner guests only - 5€ with hot choc
The Spothotel Leitner is an ideal venue for school groups, close to the slopes with a wide range of facilities for guests to enjoy. It always proves to be popular each season.
- The accommodation is conveniently located 150m from the lift station.
- It has a capacity of 400 but groups are allocated to their own floor and have their own dining room.
- Students will share rooms for 2-5 persons with adults in twin or single rooms. All rooms have private facilities.
- Meals are on a full board basis with packed lunch and are served buffet-style so all dietary needs are catered for.
- The hotel has facilities that include a games room with darts, pool, table tennis and table football, a disco and a sports hall.
- The group dining room also doubles up as a meeting/common room for in-house activities etc. Outside there is a beginner slope which can be safely used for tobogganing.
Hotel Alte Post
This hotel is ideal for single group occupancy and is located 11kms from the slopes.
- Family run hotel located in Feistritz-an-der-Gail.
- Capacity 48 beds in rooms for 2-4 persons with private facilities
- Elegant, comfortable accommodation
- Meals are Full Board with a packed lunch
- Meeting room and TV room
The Alpenhotel Marcius offers a slope-side location - doorstep skiing - just 80m from the first lift and nursery slopes.
- Located on the Sonnleiten Plateau at 1500m
- 54 rooms for 2-4 persons with private facilities
- Meals are FB with the choice of either a packed lunch or simple hot lunch at the hotel.
- The local village is small with a few shops and cafes.
- Games room with pool table, air-hoc, table football, small swimming pool unsupervised.