- Resort range
- Kms piste
- 110kms - 400kms Milky Way
- Lift pass photo?
- No, hands free, 5€ deposit
- In village
- Briancon, 12kms
- Hours from Calais
- 13 hours
Located two kilometres from the Italian border, Montgenevre is the one French link into the massive Milky Way network, with its hundreds of kilometres of pistes. At 1860m, this compact resort has a good snow record, ski-to your-door accommodation and a cheerful friendly atmosphere. The village is very old having developed from a farming community that was also the only link between France and Italy; indeed it still is but for a very different kind of traffic.
The skiing has something for everyone. There is a dedicated beginner’s area separated from the main piste with a magic carpet and button tow and a variety of gentle slopes to get your first ski legs.
Then there is a wide selection of blue runs on well groomed pistes that will inspire confidence. For intermediates and advanced skiers there are a large number of reds together with some steeper slopes that will challenge most abilities. The area of Le Chalvet has now been linked to the rest of the resort and provides yet more challenging terrain.
In our opinion this is a fantastic resort for groups and well worth consideration.
Ice skating: Briancon - indoor rink. 6.50€pp
Skiddoo ride and hot chocolate: Claviere. No free places, pre-booking required.16€pp
Pizza night in Italy: to include pizza, ice cream and soft drink. No free places, pre-booking required.13€pp
Trip to historic Briancon: Cost of coach hire if required. Approx 350€/group
Luge: Montgenevre. 9€ adult/6.50€ child. Mon and Thurs 5.20€. No free places.
Bowling: Serre Chevalier. 8€pp. No free places, pre-booking required
Quiz: In-house, free
Village trail: In-house, free
Bingo: In-house, free
DVD/movie night: In-house, free
Mountain Centre OVL
Welcoming, simple accommodation with great food and doorstep skiing
- This is a purpose built centre for youth groups and is a ski out-in location.
- The centre comprises two buildings, each quite different, and each for about 45 persons and so ideal for sole occupancy or for a large group.
- The original building houses the restaurant and bar whilst the newer house has a table tennis room and meeting space with TV/ DVD.
- Rooms are for 2-8 persons depending upon the house. All have a shower and wash basin, toilets are on the landing. Some rooms in the older house have full private facilities and are used for accompanying adults where possible. Guests should bring a towel.
- Meals are full board with a simple continental breakfast, hot lunch and 3-course dinner. Wine is included for adults.
- Facilities include table tennis, table football, outside football area, DVD/TV room.
Hotel La Rafale
Ideally situated at the base of the slopes.
- Central village location opposite the pistes
- Doorstep skiing
- Capacity 110 beds
- Rooms for 2-6 persons, most with private facilities
- Meals are full board with a hot lunch
- Facilities include a bar, large terrace, video games,darts board, table football