- Resort height
- 1253m Leysin/ 1375m Col des Mosses
- Highest lift
- Kms piste
- Lift pass photo?
- Yes, handsfree, 5€
- Leysin and Col des Mosses
- Aigle, 35kms
- Hours from Calais
- 16 hours
Leysin and Col des Mosses are two charming resorts that are very different but share a ski area. Leysin is a lovely resort town with plenty of charm, located on a sunny plateau just 2 hours from Geneva and is often overlooked as a destination for ski groups. It has an international flavour coupled with modern facilities and, historically, was a centre for the treatment of respiratory diseases due to its altitude and clean air. Nowadays you can be treated to some stunning scenery and views over Lake Geneva from the summit at the revolving Kuklos restaurant.
The skiing on offer is some 110kms with variety for all abilities and is an excellent choice for groups predominantly comprising beginners and intermediates. For more advanced skiers there are challenging reds and blacks. There are 60 km pistes at Leysin and 50kms at Col des Mosses. The lift pass also includes the resorts of Villars and the Les Diablarets glacier 15km away, ensuring that skiing will be possible at all times of the season.
Snow tubing: Col des Mosses or Leysin. 5-10CHF according to venue. No free places.
Ice skating: Leysin indoor rink or Col des Mosses outdoors, subject to season and weather. 8CHFpp. No free places.
Quiz: In-house - free
Bingo: In-house - free
Disco: In-house for both resorts
Bowling: Villeneuve. 8CHFpp - no free places. Must be pre-booked.
Karting: Villeneuve. No free places. Must be pre-booked. POA
Mini-Golf: Villeneuve. 7CHFpp - no free places. Must be pre-booked.
Swimming: In- house (free) at Central Residence for 1hr - not life-guarded. Also Leysin with lifeguard - 6CHFpp
Central Residence, Leysin
Offering a high standard of accommodation, the Central Residence is a popular destination for groups.
- This is a modern 3+ star hotel that offers a high standard of accommodation and a wide range of facilities for groups to enjoy.
- Occupying an elevated position overlooking the town and with splendid views of the Alps it is just 250m to the lift station where ski storage makes the whole process even simpler!
- The hotel has a capacity of 280 beds. The shared rooms for 2-6 students are spacious and all have private facilities – some have balconies.
- Meals are full board with packed lunch.
- Facilities in the hotel include an indoor swimming pool (available free to groups for an hour each day), sauna and gym for adult, bar and lounge area, Games room, pool table, table tennis and a basement that is suitable for meetings and evening activities.
Hotel Les Fontaines, Col des Mosses
Ideal for groups and offers doorstep skiing.
- The hotel can accommodate about 100 persons.
- It has the benefit of a slope side position where is it possible to ski back to the door.
- Rooms are for 2-6 persons and are quite spacious and have private facilities. Teachers will have twin rooms.
- Meals are full board with a hot lunch and taken in the light and airy restaurant.
- Facilities are quite simple with a bar and disco area adjacent to the small lounge.
Hotel Sapiniere, Col des Mosses
Doorstep skiing and ideal for sole occupancy.
- The Sapiniere also has a piste side location.
- It offers youth accommodation for up to 60 guests and therefore the possibility of sole occupancy.
- The rooms are simple but clean and well decorated. All rooms have private facilities, TV and balconies.
- Students share rooms for 4 persons with bunk beds and teachers have twin bedded rooms.
- Meals are full board with a hot lunch.
- Facilities also include a meeting room which can double up as a disco and a verandah.
- The small, safe village is within easy walking distance from all the hotels in Col des Mosses.