- Resort height
- Kms piste
- Lift pass photo?
- Yes hands free, 10€
- In village
- Embrun or Gap
- Hours from Calais
- 16 hours
Situated in the Haute Alpes region, 15kms from Embrun and 58kms from Gap, the resort of Les Orres is in the middle of a larch forest overlooking the Durance valley and Serre Ponçon Lake. The village is divided in to three areas: Paramouton, Pre-Bois and Pre-Mean and benefits from a good climate. This is a friendly, compact purpose built village that has 90kms skiing and something for everybody. The village is traffic free and so safe for groups to wander around the selection of shops, cafés and restaurants.
Depending upon your accommodation Les Orres offers the possibility of doorstep skiing to within 50m of the door! The skiing is particularly well suited to beginners and intermediates.
Many of the nursery slopes are at altitude and so benefit from good conditions for much of the season. A well designed lift system and wide gentle blues help keen learners progress quickly. For intermediates there are some long, true reds which offer a good challenge and whilst advanced skiers are not spoilt for choice; steep reds and blacks, including one with the intimidating name of L’Horrible and another that runs virtually from top to bottom of the mountain! There is also off-piste through the trees that can be enjoyed with your instructor.
The snow is usually reliable throughout the season making this resort, we think, an ideal choice for school groups.
Mini Bowling/ Electronic games: Les Orres. Advanced booking required. No free places; all participants included in price. 2.50€pp for bowling, games according to individual.
Ice Skating: Les Orres. Indoor rink. Advanced booking required - no free places. 5€pp
Crepe night: Les Orres - no free places. 6.50€pp
Pizza Night: Les Orres - no free places. Menu from 11€pp
Quiz: In-house - free
Bum-boarding: According to snow conditions and season. Free
Bingo: In-House - free
Hotel Les Ecrins
This hotel provides village accommodation close to the slopes and is well received by our groups.
- The hotel is located in the centre of the village and offers doorstep skiing.
- It is about 150m from the lift station and ski school meeting place.
- Rooms are functional and for students are for 2-4 persons; all have private facilities.
- Meals are taken in the light and airy restaurant and comprise full board with a hot lunch option.
- There is a sauna, a bar/lounge area and a video room which can also be used for meetings.
- Capacity 150 beds
Excellent school accommodation that is popular with groups.
- Located at just 2kms from the centre of the resort, Les Léautiers is a holiday centre that is ideal for groups.
- It benefits from a quiet position and offers a range of in-house activities.
- The accommodation is purpose built for young people and there are 108 bedrooms ranging from 4-8 persons with varying facilities while group leaders will have twin rooms, en-suite.
- The accommodation has been recently refurbished.
- Meals are full board with a hot lunch option.
- There is plenty of space around the centre and numerous activity/meeting rooms, table tennis and billiards. There is a large room with a projector and a TV lounge. The dining room is a traditional design with fantastic period arched ceiling. Teachers have their own bar. Outside there is an enormous sun terrace, perfect at the end of the day.