As popular as ever, Normandy offers the perfect destination for language study. Our language school is just a one hour drive from the port, a few kilometres from the coast and9km from Bayeaux. The centre is close to many places of interest in the area so that, in conjunction with lessons.
The afternoons can be spent visiting Mont Saint Michel, the Normandy Beaches, Caen, The Bayeaux Tapestry or simply enjoy a crepe, going to a caramel factory or a visit to a local fishing village.
Day 1: Coach from school; morning ferry to Cherbourg/Caen; arrival and settle in; initial language session and/or walk in the village.
Day 2: Language session. Walk in the village of Port-en-Bessin; WW2 site at Longues; Aromanches; Caen castle, language session.
Day 3: Bayeaux trip - walk around historic town and visit to the tapestry. Market. Language session; centre activities (football/boules).
Day 4: Language session; trip to the beach; forest walk and/or farm visit. Language session.
Day 5: Presentation of certificates; trip to caramels factory; packing and departure to Cherbourg/Caen for return crossing.
All itineraries are entirely flexible and can be created to suit the group leader's preferences.
A fantastic base for your student trip.
- The centre is set in the beautiful Calvados countryside, one kilometre from the sea and nine from Bayeux.
- It is a recently converted residentialcentre that provides an ideal setting for students and staff to learn in a relaxed and enjoyable environment.
- The centre includes two learning areas – fitted with computers and an interactive whiteboard – which open onto a courtyard and the centre has extensive enclosed grounds with facilities for sports.
- The student accommodation consists of twelve en-suite rooms, each sleeping four with catering for up to 48 students in total.
- There are rooms for physically disabled pupils and en-suite twin rooms for accompanying staff, plus a staff lounge with TV.