Montpellier is a typical university town and home of the oldest university in France. With just 250,000 inhabitants, most of whom are students, the city has a friendly, youthful atmosphere and enjoys a range of cultural activities during the year.
The city has picturesque narrow streets, elegant mansions and tree-shaded street cafes. The lovely Mediterranean beaches are a few miles away and the city has an excellent climate with over 300 days of sunshine each year - perfect to visit any time.
Coach or air travel from the UK.
Airport transfer, as appropriate, in the UK and France.
Course tailor made in consultation with the group leader.
All study materials provided.
Four afternoon trips/activities included.
One full day trip.
All transport for trips/activities included in the itinerary.
Accommodation in homestay with families or student residence.
1 x free place for staff per 15 students in 3* hotel if homestay group or 1:10 for groups in residence.
Day trips: Avignon, Camargue, Pont du Gard or Carcasonne
Afternoon trips/activities: Arles, Guided tour of Arles antiquities, Nimes, Aigues Mortes, Montpellier city tour, Sete
Activities: Ice skating, zoo, planetarium, beach, cinema, local chateau guided tour.
Homestay with French families
Ideal accommodation for total language immersion.
- Stay with a French family during your stay.
- All families vetted by the language school, many have been longstanding partners with the school.
- Student will have a twin bedded room and share with another trip member
- Students are placed with families who have a common interest or circumstance.
- Meals are half board - there are numerous food outlets close to the school for lunch.
- City travel card for transport around Montpellier
Student residence Clemenceau
Simple group accommodation, within walking distance of the language school.
- Youth type accommodation.
- Rooms for 2-4 persons with private facilities.
- Half board. Breakfast at the residence, dinner at a local restaurant
- Walking distance to the language school
- Travel cards for city transport.