- Resort height
- Highest lift
- Kms piste
- Lift pass photo?
- No hands free, 5€ deposit
- In villages
- Cles (25kms)
- Hours from Calais
- 18 hours
Folgarida offers brilliant skiing for absolutely everybody! It’s very snow-sure and has an amazing lift system amid the most spectacular scenery. The hotels are located in a convenient village which is a modern resort without any high rise set in the middle of a pine forest. The village offers essential services such as restaurants, shops and ski rental etc. It is not a lively resort and so ideal for school groups as there are few distractions.
The excellent, modern lift system linking Folgarida and Marilleva makes this a superb resort for beginners and intermediate skiers. Its location in a natural snow pocket and about 90% cannon coverage ensure that there need be no concern about snow conditions in Folgarida.
The season runs from December to April. New lifts from Comezzadura are now operational, further reducing queues.
For beginners ski school is at the mid-station where the snow is always very good. Intermediates will enjoy the winding tree lined runs and for advanced there is off piste and high mileage.
The ski schools are highly respected and have a very good reputation. Lessons are for a maximum of 12 though often less and you can be assured that students will have a fun time and make rapid progress, leaving them keen to sign up for the next time!
Disco: Eta Beta or Manitu in Dimaro - 6€pp
Night skiing: on lower slope of black run - included on ski pass
Pizza night: Various restaurants - 12€pp to include pizza, ice cream and soft drink
Karaoke: Eta Beta, Dimaro - 4€pp
Bowling: Manitu, Dimaro - 6€pp
Quiz/Bingo/DVD nights: in-house and free.
The Hotel Aurora provides a warm, friendly welcome and the opportunity for sole occupancy by a group. It is a short transfer to the ski lifts.
- The Hotel Aurora is located in Monclassico just 5 minutes from the new Daolasa lift and 15 minutes from the base station at Folgarida.
- The village is quite small and offers a secure environment for groups.
- The hotel can accommodate 50-55 persons and so is ideal for sole occupancy.
- Rooms are for 2-4 persons and all have private facilities.
- Meals are full board with a hot lunch on the mountain or a packed lunch.
- There is a spacious lounge where groups can relax; it can also be used for activities and meetings.
- There are several opportunities in the valley for evening activities that include a pizza night, bowling and ice skating.
Hotel Sasso Rosso
The hotel is located in a quite village in the Val di Sole, but has the distinct advantage of being only 300m from the new lift at Daolasa which will whisk the group to the upper slopes and new beginner area. Alternatively, a coach transfer to the base of Folgarida can also be undertaken.
- The Hotel Sasso Rosso is a spacious, elegant hotel that offers excellent accommodation for groups.
- The capacity is 80-90 and so ideal for larger groups looking for sole occupancy.
- The hotel offers spacious rooms for 2-4 persons; students will be accommodated in rooms for four while accompanying adults will be allocated twin or single rooms - all have private facilities.
- The reception rooms include a lounge, small games room and bar area and a large dining room.
- Meals are full board with a hot lunch on the mountain or a packed lunch can be provided if preferred.
There are numerous apres-ski activities within easy reach, making this hotel an ideal choice for a school group.
We are very pleased to be able to offer this beautiful hotel that offers fantastic school group accommodation!
- Located 700m from the new Daolasa lift station, the hotel is family run and for owner Claudio nothing is too much trouble.
- The public areas are spacious and comfortable to include a lounge-bar area, large restaurant and games room with pool table, table tennis and table football, a large screen for DVD nights plus indoor swimming pool for guests use.
- The rooms are for 2-5 persons and all have private facilities and are very comfortable.
- Meals are full board with a packed lunch or hot lunch on the mountain.
- Capacity is 150 beds.