The Belgian capital retains a small town charm with its restaurants, food, nightlife, fantastic shopping, numerous museums and festivals that are organised each year. As the city of both the EU and NATO Brussels is the city of choice for Eurocrats, and often a city of choice for school groups too.
The city has a cosy feel that offers historic sights, world famous art and iconic architecture, not to mention chocolate and waffles that make this an excelent destination not too far from home.
Day 1: Arrive in Brussels late morning or early afternoon by Eurostar. Check into the accommodation and spend the rest of the afternoon exploring the city including Grand Place.
Day 2: Enjoy a guided tour around the EU Parliament and/or the Parliamentarium. This can be a walking tour of the buildings or a more general tour of the district. Visit the Atomium. Demonstration of chocolate making before getting the train back to the UK
The itinerary is entirely flexible and can be of any duration. Travel can be by coach or Eurostar according to numbers and a third day can incorporate a visit to the Royal Palace or Scientastic according to the itinerary and travel times.
An excellent accommodation for groups
- The Meininger Brussels City has excellent facilities for groups and is a large modern hotel that was once a brewery.
- It is located 1.2kms from the centre next to the Brussels-Charleroi canal and has 790 beds.
- Student rooms are for 3-8 while teacher rooms are single or twin rooms - all have private facilities.
- A full board or half board option is available with meals served buffet style.
- In addition there are meeting room, a TV lounge and Games area.
Centrally located close to Grand Place
- Located 10 minutes walk from the city center and North Station and 100m from the Rogier Metro Station and City 2 shopping center.
- Sleep Well Youth Hostel is the ideal starting point to explore Brussels.
- All rooms are fully renovated and equipped with bathroom and toilet. Dormitories from 1 to 6 beds (lockout between 11 and 15h), or private superior room (flat screen TV + fridge, no lockout).
- Meals are half board.
- There is a bar, a terrace, a ping pong and a football table, a guitar, a lot of board games, possibility to rent bikes, and a Tourist Info Point.