- Resort height
- Highest lift
- Kms piste
- Lift pass photo?
- Yes hands free, 5€ deposit
- In Village (private)
- Susa, 25kms (public hospital)
- Hours from Calais
- 13 hours
Bardonecchia is located on the Italian side of the Frejus Tunnel which links Italy and France, making it very accessible from the UK. The town is not purpose built and so retains the authentic character of a small regional centre whose economy is now based on tourism. The old town typically has cobbled streets with plenty of souvenir shops, cafes, bars and other retail outlets.
Bardonecchia is a top class skiing resort that is not that well known. It was one of the Olympic villages for the 2006 Winter Games, hosting the snowboarding and border-cross events. As part of the preparations, the village developed improved infrastructure – the legacy of which can be enjoyed today.
The slopes are mainly north and north-west facing. Its position at the head of the Susa valley, surrounded by 3000m peaks ensures it keeps its snow over the season.
Campo Smith is the base area from where the skiing starts. The ski school office, equipment rental and ski deposit are located here. Storage is in heated rooms overnight so the walk back to the hotel does not need to be accomplished carrying skis!
Skiing for the groups will commence on the village slopes at Campo Smith. There is a dedicated beginner area and good progression to the blue and red runs above 1500m with both open and tree-lined slopes. The ski school is one of the best we have worked with. The instructors have good spoken English, ensuring your students progress quickly during their stay and leave happy, improved and wanting to return.
Quiz/Bingo nights: Free, in-house
Pizza Night: In Bardonecchia, 11€ per person participating
Bumboarding and Hot Chocolate: Nursery Slopes, 4€ per person
Disco or Karaoke: Groups in Olympic Village have free disco in-house, Gritty Bar, 5€
Swimming: village pool, cannot be booked in advance or pre-paid, 4€ and hat 3€
Crepe Nights: Cafe Medail, 6€
This accommodation, whilst large, offers a unique insight into an Olympic resort together with one-stop facilities for a group. Within the village, groups are located together and much like a large college campus become familiar with the parts they need to know!
- Groups can immerse themselves in an Olympic resort and enjoy the same accommodation as Olympic champions.
- Students will share rooms for 2-5 persons with teachers enjoying twin or single rooms. All rooms enjoy private facilities and are well appointed.
- The hotel capacity is 1000 beds with our allocation being 115 beds.
- The restaurant is very good and the food is of an exceptional standard. Meals are on a full board basis with hot lunch and self service/buffet-style so there are no dietary issues here!
- The village offers a fantastic range of facilities that include a swimming pool, wellness centre (supplement), bar, disco and games rooms to name but a few.