- Resort Height
- Top Lift
- Km Pistes
- Lift pass photo?
- Yes - hands free with 5€ deposit
- In resort
- In resort
- Hours from Calais
Aprica is a friendly resort located near to Lake Como in Valtellina. It is a linear village spread along the valley with nursery slopes at village and on higher slopes. Aprica offers excellent skiing for school groups together with a variety of activities that include skating, swimming, bowling in Sondrio, pizzerias and plenty of shops and cafes to enjoy off the slopes.
The village has an excellent snow record opening from early December to late April each winter.
The beginner slopes are close to the village, wide and uncrowded for early lessons with more challenging blue runs higher up as ability improves. Intermediates and advanced skiers are spoilt for choice with long reds, including World Cup pistes and some tricky blacks. There is a new 4 person-hooded chairlift that now links the 3 main areas of the Magnolta, The Palabione and Baradello.
An excellent choice for school skiing.
Quiz/Bingo/DVD nights: In-house and free
Disco: Aprica at Charlies: 6€pp
Pizza and Drink: Aprica at La Caveja, there are no free places for this activity - 15€pp OR 12€ at an alternative venue.
Karaoke and Drink: Aprica at Bar Thomas - 6€pp
Bumboarding and Hot Chocolate: Aprica as evening activity at floodlit slope - 6€pp
Swimming: Aprica, this activity cannot be pre-booked - 6€pp
Night Skiing: Aprica at Bar Thomas - 9€ or 11€ including hot chocolate and one instructor to supervise on request only.
Bowling: Talamona - 3.50€pp plus cost of coach if required, approx 350€
Ice Skating: Aprica, outdoor rink subject to weather - 9€pp
Torchlit Descent: Aprica, plastic torches as a memento to include hot chocolate after - 11€pp
Hotel Saint Martin
This hotel provides excellent accommodation for school groups in close proximity to the slopes and village amenities.
- Recently restructured hotel, family run, centrally located in the village.
- All 28 rooms are equipped with bath, telephone, TVC on request, and some of them with balcony.
- The hotel has an overall capacity of 90 with 2, 3 and 4 bedded en suite rooms, all with televisions. Teachers are accommodated in twin rooms.
- Facilities include: comfortable lounge, large dining room, bar/large games room used for discos/video games, table football, small games/meeting room with TV, Heated ski/boot room, lift.
Park Hotel Bozzi
The Park Hotel Bozzi offers a comfortable standard of hotel and makes an ideal accommodation for a school group in this popular resort.
- The Hotel Bozzi is a family run, friendly hotel close to village centre in a quiet position
- Just 50m from the Palabione Gondola with doorstep skiing, conditions permitting!
- Accommodate 120 persons and so is ideal for large groups or for just two group occupancy.
- Rooms are for 2-5 persons and all have private facilities.
- Meals are full board with either a hot lunch at the hotel or a picnic.
- Facilities include a lovely lounge with welcoming fireplace and pool table together with a cafe-bar for socialising after a days skiing.