- Resort Height
- Highest Lift
- Kms piste
- Lift pass photo?
- Yes - Handsfree with 5€ deposit
- In resort
- In Andalo and Mezzolombardo (2km)
- Hours from Calais
- 14 hours
Nestled at the foot of the Paganella, to the north of Lake Garda, Andalo and its neighbouring village of Molveno provide an excellent destination for a school winter sports trip. Andalo is a bustling, friendly village with plenty of character where the slopes are next to the village for a ski out-in atmosphere. There are numerous apres ski activities in the village including the sports centre, the ice rink and leisure swimming pool together with pizzerias, ice cream parlours and a wide variety of shops to enjoy.
The ski area is perfectly formed; the village has invested heavily in the infrastructure with high speed chairlifts that are inter-linked to make Andalo a resort that skiers rave over and return to again and again.
The pistes are maintained to perfection making progress enjoyable and rapid in the capable hands of the excellent ski school.
Skiing and snowboarding for all levels of ability is good. Beginners have nursery slopes in the village and above the mid-station where the snow is always good and there are wide, long blues for progress to be ensured. Intermediates have long, wide and challenging reds to hone their skills whilst the advanced members of a group can enjoy the informally pisted runs through the trees together with some testing mogul fields.
This is a resort with plenty to offer and we have no hesitation in recommending it to our groups.
Ice Skating: Indoor rink in Andalo. Walking distance from Hotel Splendid. 6.50€ pp.
Swimming: Excellent indoor pool in Andalo free on lift pass or large indoor village pool in Molveno - 5€pp.
Pizza Night: Various venues 13€pp including soft drink
Village trail: In-house, free
Quiz/bingo/DVD night: in-house, free
Sleigh rides: iIn Andalo, approx 15€pp for 1h.
Ice racing kart: At Laghet - electronic karts with remote cut-out control, triple saftey belts. 12€pp.
Guided snow-shoe walk: Easy route with guide, including equipment - 15€pp for 2h
This family run hotel extends a warm welcome to our groups and is an ideal choice for school skiing.
- The Hotel Splendid is conveniently located in a quiet location 300m from the centre of the village and approximately 250m from the nursery slopes.
- Spacious public areas that include a cosy lounge, games room, restaurant and a meeting room for the use of the groups.
- Student rooms are for 3-5 persons and teachers will be in twin rooms. All rooms have private facilities with a hair dryer and TV.
- Meals are full board with a hot lunch in the hotel and typically Italian.
- The Hotel Splendid has a capacity of 100 is an ideal choice for school groups.
The hotel Venezia is very well appointed and has a capacity of 100; it's ideal for groups wishing to stay just outside the ski area but with the benefits of a village location.
- The Hotel Venezia is located in the picturesque village of Molveno, 5kms from Andalo - a driving time of approximately 10 minutes.
- It is a family run hotel that offers 38 en-suite rooms with a hair dryer and TV; some rooms have a balcony.
- There are several public areas which are traditionally decorated and include a nice "stuberl" type bar, a large restaurant, a games room that can also be used for a disco and comfortable lounge.
- Meals are full board with packed lunch.