Maintaining a personal, flexible and professional approach has always been synonymous of Inspired Travel. At different stages of the pandemic we have been in touch with our longstanding clients to canvass their opinion and to know their concerns regarding future school travel. Overwhelmingly, two major concerns became apparent:
1. To travel with confidence you would need to know that the groups health and safety would be a priority.
In response we have done the following:
- We have been working closely with hotels, visits, restaurants, ski schools and other suppliers to ensure every possible precaution is taken to ensure the group is safe while away.
- In all cases the protocols put in place will adhere to national and regional requirements of the destination country.
- Our accommodations will provide information relating to procedures that they have put in place, in accordance with their own regulations
- Coach providers are following enhanced cleaning protocols and establishing new guidelines to mitigate risk eg. loading and offloading procedures.
- We will adjust itineraries to take into account any new regulatory changes - maximum group sizes, social distancing and the wearing of face coverings, sanitisation etc.
- Our partner restaurants will ensure that COVID 19 health and safety procedures/guidelines are followed and meal times willl be adjusted to quieter times of the day.
- We will constantly keep you informed.
2. You told us that you wanted greater flexibility for deposit and payment schedules, that can be tailored to your group.
In response to this we have done the following:
- That you wanted greater ability to cancel, without penalty.
- Accordingly, we recognise that there may be concerns as to the viability of a trip for 2021-2022 during the summer term. Therefore we will provide a window for cancellation allowing for a full refund, or a change of dates, between 1st and 15th July 2021.
- Applies to bookings made after 1st September 2020
- If you feel that it is inappropriate to ask for a full standard deposit payment, contact us to discuss your requirements. This often increases uptake and has a positive impact on the trip.
- We will tailor the payment schedule to suit you.
We can also assist you with the promotion of your trip:
Video Presentations to Parents. Video calls to host parents meetings have been a positive development
- No more difficulty in seeing the screen from the back of a room
- Parents are often more comfortable typing questions into the chat function on Zoom
- If you are unable to join the meeting or miss part of it, it's not a problem as it can be recorded
- We will still be able to provide our "usual" support - PowerPoint presentations, launch letter templates, Generic Risk assessments etc
TRAVEL BY COACH IN 2021 AND KEEP YOUR OPTIONS OPEN
- Coach tours are an excellent travel choice for your group
- They offer appropriate options to create and maintain social bubbles and social distancing
- They are more flexible in terms of postponement and cancellations
- They are much bette for the environment and usually work out less expensive
- Unfortunately airlines will not refund the cost of flights unless the FCDO advises against travel to your destination
- However we do recognise that for some groups coach travel is not an option.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- 100% refund only applies to group cancellation; standard cancellation terms apply to individual passengers who drop out.
- Air tours will not be eligible for 100% refund
- Only applicable if FCDO advises against all but essential travel; an insurance claim may be necessary if cancellation is on the grounds of DfE advise since suppliers and airlines do not recognise this for making a refund.
- If you opt to postpone we will, where possible, keep the price the same but will discuss any new price with you before amending your booking. This may be the case where new fights and the payment of any price difference is necessary.
- We would recommend taking out individual COVID-19 travel insurance and can advise you with this.
- Applies to bookings from 1st September 2020.
- Please note that if a school wishes to cancel when travel, accommodation and the itinerary can be fulfilled, this would be on cancellation terms.